It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe here, so let’s get back on track asap! I’m going to keep it quick and simple today and start with a wonderful recipe for a kick*ss vegan banana bread. Perfect for a Saturday afternoon!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 45 min
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour (I used a multigrain flour mix, but you can use any kind you like.)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or any other kind of sweetener you like baking with)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of oatmeal (any kind) (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F (or 180°C) and grease a bread/cake pan.
2) In a bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, mash the bananas. Make sure there aren’t any big chunks left. Smaller ones are fine.
4) Add the sugar, the oil and the vinegar to the banana mixture and stir until evenly combined.
5) Gently fold in the dry ingredients and mix until everything comes together.
6) Now, gently fold in hemp seeds and oatmeal.
7) Pour the batter into your greased bread pan.
8) Bake at 350°F (or 180°C) for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
9) Let cool (if you can resist) and enjoy!